Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Anyone who knows their literature should recognise the title as being on of Shakespeare's most confusing plays. Seriously, the more of it you leave out of an explanation, the more sense it makes. Simple version: Girl likes guy who is in a relationship with someone else. Lovers run away and things go a bit pear-shaped when a fairy trickster intervenes.

And even extremely dumbed down, it's not straightforward. Gotta love Shakespeare's comedies.

Anyway, the reason I'm making a post about it is because my school is performing it in November, and I'm... well, I suppose you could call my title "Assistant Director" or "Student Director" or something like that. So it's been eating up a whole bunch of my time, but in a way that's totally rewardingly worth it. So yes, it is an excuse. But with a plot as confusing as its is, comprehending it is a perfectly valid excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment