Sunday, August 28, 2011

Four Years

So, I was looking at my ff.net profile to prove something to my boyfriend, and I realised that I've been on ff.net for four years to the day. It's kind of incredible. It's kind of timely, in a way, for me to return to fanfiction when I did, so that I'd be calmly resting in the waters of familiarity when I realised that it's been four years.

Wow. Four years. I've come so far since then, as anyone can tell who looks at my really old fiction. When you look at shameless self-inserts like TTLT, or disorganised rambles about irrelevant topics like What-Ifs, you can see how my immaturity was what I liked writing about. And now, especially when you look at "The End Is Where We Start From" (Let's see... TEIWWSF... okay, wow, that looks weird), you can tell that I've really grown up a lot since then.

I like having ff.net at my disposal. I'm glad I managed to stick with this silly thing I discovered with the help of a friend close to six years ago. I'm glad that I've been comfortable enough to keep up my messing with other people's characters in order to develop my writing skill, and that, in turn, has led me to working on my own original stuff. Also, gathering the courage to post fanfiction led me to gathering the courage to post original fiction, and with both of them getting better as I go along, I find that reading reviews of my work is why I keep writing -- and posting. Because I know that, somewhere out there, there are people crazy enough to enjoy my writing as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment