Saturday, August 27, 2011

Irene

Any of you with vague knowledge of... well, I guess really it would be weather patterns but I'm sure it's made news elsewhere should have a good sense of the fact that I'm not talking about a person. I'm talking about a hurricane, which is making it all the way up the eastern seaboard, with a direct path over Philadelphia (which is where I live).

I mean, what the heck?! Hurricanes don't make it this far north! Come on, I don't want to have a tree fall down on my house! In fact I don't really want to have one fall down anywhere in my vicinity, but my neighbourhood is full of big, old trees and I can almost guarantee that one of them is going to fall. I do love power outages, but not on Teslen day! Not when I'm trying to enjoy one of my favourite ships! Not when I don't really have time for another excuse to keep me from working on my schoolwork!

Anyway, if I disappear off the face of the Earth for a few days, I've probably just lost internet. I'll survive. Let's cross our fingers, knock on wood, and throw salt over our left shoulders to ensure that my computer doesn't get fried in any power surges with the electricity going out. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment